We are looking for a Junior Fashion Designer to join our design team and help us develop world class, quality sportswear and accessories. We are looking for someone who has original ideas, incredible creativity, impeccable work ethic and a passion for everything fitness and fashion, to join our team!
As a Junior Fashion Designer, you will collaborate closely with our Creative Director and Senior Apparel Designer to produce work of the highest quality.
In this role, your creativity and meticulous attention to detail will be crucial. You will work under the guidance of our Senior Fashion Designer to create striking and on trend designs. You will be responsible for researching fashion trends, assisting with designing new collections and compiling techpacks. The successful candidate should be able to design all aspects of sportswear and functional fashion accessories.
We are a young, dynamic and fast-growing company and we need someone who will thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Tertiary Education in Fashion Design
- Practical knowledge of garment construction, fabrics and trims
- Keen interest in sports/performance wear and accessories
- Good understanding of performance fabrics
- Highly skilled in Adobe Suite (Illustrator)
- Ability to draw up CAD sketches / technical drawings from scratch
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Attention to detail is crucial
- Very good understanding of the fitness and fashion industry
- Must be based in Cape Town
- Collaborate with design team to develop ideas for new ranges
- Assisting with creation and development of techpacks
- Creating mood boards and style sheets
- Researching product trends internationally and locally
- You will be responsible for specific areas of design, but will work as part of a team and reports to the Senior Designer
- Being involved and hands on with suggestions for styling details, branding and graphics within the design department
- Attend fittings and take minutes in design meetings
- Continuously find and share new sources of inspiration and seek opportunities for growth for yourself and the brand
- The position is full time.
- Start date: January/February 2024
- Office based in Woodstock, Cape Town
Unfortunately, no remote positions available. Candidate must be based in Cape Town.
- Complete the design brief that can be downloaded here. We want to see what you can bring to the table!
- Email the completed brief, along with your CV firstname.lastname@example.org. Use subject: Junior Fashion Designer
Selected candidates will be emailed. If you have not heard back within 14 days of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful.
We can’t wait to hear from you and welcome the next member to the team!